Tuesday, January 8, 2013

wine and dine

My 21st birthday was this past Thursday, January 3rd! It was really laid back... My family isn't big into birthdays, and I was home for the holidays, so there wasn't much to do. I just went to a birthday lunch with my family, and Payton had planned for the two of us to go to dinner out of town later that night. We got there early and wandered around shopping for a bit, and I wanted to keep shopping and be late for our reservation (who's surprised?), but Payton insisted we be on time. When I got there, he had some of my best friends there waiting to surprise me!! It was so nice! It was the closest thing to a surprise birthday party I've ever had! However, we are having an Athens-style throwdown this weekend, so that should be more than fun. Not sure if I'll be able to share pictures from that one on here but maybe :) Here are some of the highlights from my birthday.

Turkey and Pear sandwich (aka "The Nimmer") and eggplant fries from KDs Cafe --- my hometown favorite! 
Calories don't count on your birthday!! 

OPI 'Crown Me Already' from my sister Suzie
Rings: Jimmy Smith Jewelers (my FAVORITE jewelry store, similar piece here) //
Stella and Dot (old, love these though)

Enjoyed part of a caramel/chocolate apple from Apple Lane Farms

SAKE.... my first time. not that good? 


The Japanese restaurant we went to surprised me with this! 
And even brought out extras for everyone else! Did I mention calories DO NOT count?

Dress: Vila via ASOS (on sale!!) // Vest: via Steinmart (similar here and here) // Shoes: Sam Edelman
Purse: Michael Kors 'Sloan' (no longer available, but I love this similar one) // Tights: Hue // Watch: Michael Kors// Bracelets: Lily and Laura, Purple Paparazzi // Necklaces: via Encore (a WAY more awesome version here), Max and Chloe

My best friends made an hour long drive to surprise me at dinner! And Payton planned it all! 
How lucky am I?!

Buying alcohol in WalMart--- how incredibly South Georgia of me
Wallet: Michael Kors

Ended the night with Cupcake's Sauvignon Blanc 

... Didn't even open it before I was in my pajamas. That's how seriously I take birthdays, everyone.
Also, I may need to invest in some wine glasses..... 

I used some of my birthday/Christmas money to buy this Marc by Marc Jacobs beauty from Heery's! I got the last one, hehehe :) 
The booties came from Payton as a birthday present and I haven't taken them off since! 
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs // Jeans: 7 for All Mankind // Shirt: Vintage via My Dad
Booties: Dolce Vita // Watch: Michael Kors

My birthday haul:
Cupcake Sauvignon Blanc // Bath fizzies posing as candy // Marc by Marc Jacobs // 

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!! I know I sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment